What do I need to do to install the phone system myself?
To install the phone system yourself, we’ve written you a step-by-step process to make it simple for you.
- Firstly, empty the contents of the box we’ve sent out to you
- If we’ve sent you out a router, call us on 01772 428505 tocontact the service team. They will then assist you in settingup the router ready for the phone system
- Depending on the number of handsets you require, we willeither send you a POE switch (this is for multiple handsets) or a PSU switch (this is for single handsets)
If we have sent you at POE switch, plug this into the wall socket next to the router, connect the Ethernet cable in to port 8 on the switch and plug into LAN1 on the router.
If we have sent you a PSU, plug this into the wall socket next to where each phone needs to go.
- Attach the stand into the bottom slot of the handset and push in until you hear a click.
- If using a POE switch, connect one end of the Ethernet cable into the socket on the back of the phone with the network icon above (the left silver plug) and the other end of the cable into a POE port.
- If using a PSU, plug the Ethernet cable into the socket on the back of the phone with the network icon above (the left silver plug) and plug the other end of the cable into a LAN port on the router.
- Then, connect the short end of the phone wire into the handset and the long end into the far right socket on the bottom of the phone (this has a handset icon above the socket)
Congratulations, you’re all done!
If you have any issues with your installation, give us a call on 01772 428505 and we will point you in the right direction.
What happens after installation?
After your system is fully up and running, we just need a little favour from you. You will need to contact your current number provider and request an emergency divert from your existing number to the number which was emailed to you by our service team. This is so that your calls can route correctly to the new system. This should take them no longer than an hour and should not affect your business.
Below are the links to your handset user guides. We advise you to read these so you are fully aware of the amazing features your handset has.
Along with a Halo phone system, you also gain access to an exciting softclient app and your very own portal.
The softclient app can be used with iOS and Android operating systems. Using the app you can access your phone system via your mobile phone. You are able to use your caller line ID via your mobile phone, meaning you can ring out from your mobile phone with your business landline number, appearing more professional to other businesses calling from a mobile number. Other features of the app include; call forwarding, video chat, pull calls, and setting incoming calls to both landline and mobile devices, resulting in the phone call definitely being answered, even if you’re on the move.
Your phone system is completely customised to your specification. This is done via the portal. For example, if you are ever wanting to change your call routing, this can all be done from the portal, meaning you are in control.
But of course, we’re always on hand to help if you need a hand using any of the features of the handset or the portal.
Send us an email to email@example.com, or call us direct on 01772 428505. Please note, number changes are done only by Halo technicians for security reasons.
At an additional cost, Halo Connect can also offer you the iCall reporting suite. This exciting software unlocks features you didn’t even know existed. This gives managers complete visibility of call traffic and primary call statistics can be displayed on a wallboard or PC monitor.
This software is perfect for companies working in industries such as sales, looking to maximise the return on your telecoms investment and enhance customer service. iCall will help you to retain customers and increase revenue by monitoring and improving your business performance. If this sounds like something your business would benefit from, contact your account manager and they will be happy to assist you.